Friday, June 8, 2012

June 7

I slept! I really slept! Well, I only woke up twice.

So many things happened today. I don't know if I should move chronologically or in order of importance. I usually go chronologically. I'm changing it up for this post.

-I ran into my trail dad, in as much as he named me, for the first time in 920 miles! His name is spot. In this case, I am my own trail grandpa. Sort that one out if you have the patience.
-weather warmed enough that my sleeping bag will ne adequate!
-walked in fields of ferns using well groomed trail.
-ace bandaged my lower shin to aid the splint. That might or might not help. I'll let you know.
-got two ice creams for the price of one at elkwallow wayside (some ice too).
-a woman named medic gave me some athletic rub for my shin
-kept the miles low only making it to gravel springs hut at 950.
-it's pleasantly raining with rolling thunder as I write.
-I think my tent is pitched on a 15 degree slope. I'm sliding off my mat.

If importance organized blogs aren't your thing, I'm sorry for your dissatisfaction with this post. Going into and OUT of front royal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment