Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sorry for the sparse blog posts, but my phone is having severe issues. I currently will have my real computer every few days as my parents follow me up the AT in their RV.

It appears that pre-season and practice are both over. Today I enter the White Mountains. The "toughest" and most "technical" portion of the entire AT is here. I will report back the actual severity of the mountains afterwards.

I'm going to hike the Whites with Crush, a compsci/math junior from Brown University. I re-met him a few days ago, and have been hiking with him since.

It's truly starting to become a blast. The views are spectacular. The climbs are challenging. The closeness to the goal is almost palpable. I love it.

I'll try to include GPS cookie crumbs of my trip for the rest, but I can't guarantee how that will work. It's the first time I've tried to do such a thing.

Thanks for all your patience.

One Speed

Here is picture taken from the Smart Mountain fire tower. Hope you enjoy the view as much as I did.


1 comment:

  1. Sir! What would be the best way to get in touch with you to plan the 100 mile wilderness expedition?

    ReplyDelete